With the New Year rapidly approaching, it is time to think about making resolutions. Many people choose to resolve to eat better or exercise more, but here at Pro-Tech Lawn Care we suggest making some lawn care resolutions that will make your lawn look amazing all growing season. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Soil Testing – Good lawns and gardens start with good soil. It is a smart idea to have your soil tested to see what nutrients are missing.
- Aerate – Starting in the spring, consider aerating the lawn to allow compact soil to be loosened as well as allow nutrients, oxygen, and water to get down to the roots.
- Weed – Take a few minutes each weekend to weed gardens and the edges of your lawn. Weeds can be invasive and can take away from the aesthetic of your lawn. Just a few minutes a weekend can make a huge difference.
- Fertilize – Be sure to kick off your lawn care routine with a springtime fertilizer treatment that will help your lawn recover from the long winter. Talk to a lawn care professional about which type and amount of fertilizer is right for your region and grass type.
- Water Regularly – Resolve to water your lawn correctly. Too much watering can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, too little and the lawn can dry up and brown. Monitor the amount your lawn is getting and adjust your sprinkler accordingly.
- Pest Inspection – Consider hiring a lawn pest management company to inspect your lawn for pests that can damage your lawn, garden, and plantings. Pro-Tech Lawn Care can inspect for species that can ruin your lawn, trees, bushes, and/or gardens.
Call Pro-Tech Lawn Care with any questions at (603) 382-9644 or Toll Free: (800) 313-4733, or visit our website for more information.