As the calendar creeps slowly toward spring, many of us get excited about getting out there to care for our lawns and gardens. While it is still a little early to start with lawn care activities however, this is a great time to go through your tool checklist to confirm that everything is ready to go when the ground completely thaws and the first warm weekend comes when you can start your labor of love. Here is a quick checklist to help you get organized and make sure you have all the right tools before the growing season begins.
- Wheelbarrow – Anyone who cares for their lawn knows that a wheelbarrow can be a lifesaver when it comes to transporting heavier items like rocks, mulch, and lawn cuttings. Be sure your wheelbarrow is cleaned out, the tire inflated and you will be good to go!
- Rakes – There are a wide variety of rakes that you may need including: garden rakes, dethatching rakes, and leaf rakes. Make sure you have the type that you will need to dig out the dead grass, till the soil in the garden, and gather up the leaves after the long winter.
- Pruning Shears – Bushes and shrubs will need to be pruned during the spring months to be sure that they are in good working order.
- Spreaders – Depending upon the state of your lawn from last growing season you may need to spread fertilizer or possibly seeds to fill in bare patches. Check to see that the rotary is working well and that the bin has been cleaned out completely.
- Edgers/Trimmers – Lawns that have gardens, walkways, and the perimeter neatly edged look neat and well groomed. Have yours conditioned or checked out before the cutting season begins.
Are your tools ready? Do you have the right tools? If you need more information about what tools are right for your lawn call Pro-Tech Lawn Care at (603) 382-9644 or Toll Free: (800) 313-4733, or visit our website.