The mowing season is almost here! The topic is enough to make every “green thumb” out there giddy with excitement. Yes, it is almost time to start caring for your lawn and garden again. Is the most important tool you have, your mower, ready to go? Here are a few things to check before revving up that engine and taking it out for the first mow of the season.
- Spark Plug – Every year, without fail, you should change the spark plug. This can be something done during an annual tune up at a repair shop or done by the homeowner him/herself.
- Blade Sharpening – Again, either during a check up at a shop or in your own garage, check the sharpness of the blade. Each year, blades should be sharpened so that it does not pull at the grass, but rather cut precisely.
- Oil Change – Hopefully at the end of last season you drained the oil and disposed of it properly, but if that was not the case, do it now. Start each season with fresh oil and add more as needed.
- Clean it! – While the blade is off during sharpening and the oil is being drained, now is a good time to clean the undercarriage completely. Make sure all the debris, dirt, and grass is cleaned out of every crevice to start the season off right.
- Lubrication – The start of every season is also a good time to lubricate and check all the moving parts of your mower so that they stay in good working condition.
Is your mower ready for the spring season? Are you? If you need help keeping your lawn looking sharp and free of pests, call Pro-Tech Lawn Care at (603) 382-9644 or Toll Free: (800) 313-4733, or visit our website.