Want your neighbors to be green with envy about your lush green lawn? Hydroseeding is a fast, cost effective way to create the lawn you have always desired. Pro-Tech Lawn Care has added this to our list of services in order to help your home or business stand out from the rest. Many of our customers report that they chose this method over sod or hand seeding because of the numerous advantages of hydroseeding. Compared to the cost of sod and the labor intensive method of hand seeding, hydroseeding has excellent benefits to make your lawn beautiful. Let’s take a closer look at hydroseeding benefits.
- Cost – On average, hydroseeding cost about ¼ the price of sod, which may or may not take on your lawn. Sod in general is more expensive to buy and install, while hydroseeding is more budget friendly.
- Quality – The slurry of seed mixture used in this method of seeding is high quality and can be seen by the green dye as it is applied. So there are no questions about where the seeds will take as is a common problem with rotary seeding or hand seeding.
- Erosion Control – If your yard has any incline you may be concerned about the seeds washing away with rain or watering. With hydroseed, the mixture sticks to whatever surface it lands on. This guarantees your seeds will plant where you lay them, and offers immediate erosion control.
- Speed of Germination – Traditional seeding methods take a long time and a significant amount of manpower. Germination time will depend on the weather, the time of year, the amount of water, the area you live in and other factors. Usually grass will be visible in 5-7 days, a few days slower in cold weather or the hottest part of summer. Compare this to hand or rotary seeding that could take up to three months to see a full thick lawn.
- Healthier Grass – Rolling sod on your lawn may seem easy, however, the health of the grass may be in question. With sod, the roots of the grass are chopped off. This, too, is a contributing factor in how well the grass will “take”. Or not. Hydroseeded areas, on the other hand, work with the time-tested method of germination, where the blade grows up while the roots grow down.
If you are interested in hydroseeding, call Pro-Tech Lawn Care for an estimate and get started making your neighbors jealous!
Are you jealous of your neighbor’s lush, green lawn? Do you have bare spots, diseased areas or burnt patches? It is pretty common to feel like the “grass is always greener” when you are struggling with pests, irrigation or seeding issues of your own. Pro-Tech Lawn Care offers hydroseeding to get you started on the right path this spring and maybe reverse that feeling of grass envy!
Hydroseeding is a planting process that uses a slurry of seed and mulch. It is also called hydraulic mulch seeding, hydroseeding, or hydromulching. This method is becoming a popular option for planting lawns for both homeowners and those in charge of landscaping because it is effective and easy to apply.
The process of hydroseeding is fairly straightforward when done by professionals like our technicians at Pro-Tech Lawn Care. We prep the lawn, checking for disease and pests and then spray a special mixture onto an area of land that you want to plant on. When sprayed onto the ground, the mulch in the mixture forms a moist protective coating for the seeds, allowing them to germinate. This process is great for uneven areas, patchy growth, sloped lawns, and nutrient deprived soil. The growth is fast due to the nutrient boost given by the degrading mulch. Many homeowners see the first shoots in a week and can mow their lawn for the first time in less than a month. If you are interested in hydroseeding call Pro-Tech Lawn Care today at 603-382-9644.
Introducing one of our newest services – hydroseeding. Hydroseeding is a popular and effective method for starting a new lawn. This process includes combining seed, mulch, fertilizer, and healthy soil amendments with water to mix into form thick slurry. This slurry is applied with pressure to the surface for seed germination and turf development. Hydroseeding is a fast, cost effective, safe and healthy way to have a new lawn that will turn your neighbors green with envy. Let’s explore the advantages of hydroseeding for your lawn.
- Cost Effective – Hydroseeding is the most economical choice for establishing the lawn desired without the expense, time consumption, material costs or installation demands of sodding or traditional hand seeding methods. Spreading your own seed may seem like it cost less but to get the same results of a thick, lush lawn would take you bags and bags or seed, hours of maintenance and extra costs like fertilizer, peat moss or straw.
- Uniform Coverage – While homeowners may believe that they are spreading seed evenly over an area it is impossible to know if the coverage is uniform. Hydroseeding gives 100% coverage and uniformity. Hydroseeding creates an evenly covered area that forms a barrier to keep seed stabilized and retain moisture, fertilizer and other healthy growth-enhancing nutrients. Other beneficial coverage advantages of hydroseeding include its ability to cover large, difficult and inaccessible areas, such as slopes, that are too steep for sod applications.
- Fast Acting – Hydroseeded lawns typically come in faster. It is not unusual to see early growth in as little as five or six days. And of course, the faster a lawn comes in, the less worries there are for nurturing it through its critical stages of germination and early growth.
- Aesthetics and Health – Hydroseeded lawns have an attractive, lush, thick, green appearance. Since the root system is more firmly established through hydroseeding the lawn tends to be healthier, holds moisture better and allows for fewer weeds to take root.
- Erosion Control – Protecting against erosion from wind, rain, sun and pests is one of the prevalent reasons for hydroseeding. The mixture used in the slurry allows for binding with the surface.